How to Reach Russ

He's at home
His cell 619-778-3231

Friday, December 4, 2009

Russ gets wheels

When I got to the center today I found Russ in the gym learning how to put on his shoes. No he hasn't forgotten it's just a little different when you have one hand (his left) to use and can't sit up past a 60 degree angle. Can you imagine breaking a sweat putting on your shoes, me either. Russ had a smile on his face, and was so excited to show me his new wheels. Yes, they gave him a motorized wheel chair to use scary, the halls of re-hab won't be safe as long as he's there. The funny part the chair cost more than his car, what a sweet ride. We don't know when he'll be home yet, but he will be home on Christmas day. They've arranged a day pass and transportation to the house. He'll be in a wheel chair, but home eating ham and apple pie. We're really glad he won't be spending another holiday in the hospital.

For anyone visiting or wanting to call, Russ will be changing rooms tomorrow so check at the nurses station to see where he is. I'll post the new information as soon as I have it.

God is good and in control

No comments:

Post a Comment